posted this on September 12, 2010 22:45
Play 1080p video on the AppleTV via XBMC.
1. Broadcom Crystal HD card (model BCM70012 or BCM70015). Don't have one yet? Buy one from [Logic Supply].
2. Maintenance, nitoTV and XBMC menus installed.
1. Run the Smart Installer to complete installation.
2. Install Crystal HD through Maintenance --> Install Extras menu.
3. Load drivers through nitoTV --> Settings --> Utilities --> Kernel Extension Manager
4. Install XBMC 10.0 or later through XBMC --> Downloads menu.
5. Launch XBMC by clicking XBMC under the XBMC menu.
6. Once XBMC is running navigate to the Settings menu.
7. Select the Video menu.
8. Under Playback ensure a blue dot is next to the 'Allow hardware acceleration (CrystalHD) option.
9. Enjoy HD video playback with full hardware acceleration.
Support Ticket System by Zendesk