posted this on October 13, 2010, 23:25
Couch Surfer provides a rich, interactive web browsing experience without having to leave Front Row.
From the initial Top Sites menu you can select a site to visit or press menu for more options.
Enter address - Enter a web address to navigate to.
Google Search - Direct Google search
Bookmarks - View available bookmarks and adjust Top Sites.
History - List of recently visited sites.
Settings - Adjust various settings.
About - Version and license info.
Front Row - Return to the main Front Row menu.
Using only the standard Apple remote you can surf the web with Couch Surfer.
1. When viewing a page pressing play/pause will toggle the onscreen cursor on (cursor mode). Pressing them menu button will toggle it off (scroll mode).
2. Use the arrows to move the cursor around the screen.
3. Pressing play/pause on a link will navigate to the selected link.
4. Selecting a text box will prompt the onscreen keyboard to appear.
6. Holding the arrows while in scroll mode will increase/decrease text size.
Left arrow = shrink text size
Right arrow = increase text size
Remote HD provides improved control for browsing in Couch Surfer.
1. Navigate through through the menus using the Remote HD directional pad.
2. When browsing a web page press the select button to display the cursor - the Remote HD 'gesture pad' will automatically appear anytime the cursor is visible in Couch Surfer.
3. Use the gesture pad to move the cursor around the screen.
4. To select a link, higlight the link and tap the center of the screen.
5. Selecting a text box will prompt the onscreen iPhone/iPod Touch keyboard to appear.
6. You can zoom in and out by using two finger gestures. Spread your two fingers apart to zoom in and pinch them together to zoom out.
A USB Mouse or Loop pointer can also be used to control Couch Surfer.
1. Switch input mode to 'Mouse' through the Settings menu.
2. When browsing sites, the cursor can be moved with the mouse. Links can be selected by pressing the left click button. (Right click currently has no functionality).
Bookmarks can easily be added while surfing with Couch Surfer. If you find a site you wish to bookmark press the menu button, to bring up the onscreen menu, and select the 'Bookmark Page' option.
Support Software by Zendesk