Infuse for Apple TV includes support for subtitles (embedded and external) and multiple audio tracks. Details for using these features are below.
External subtitles: To add subtitles to a file that does not contain it's own subtitles you can use SRT files. A good place to find a wide variety of (free) SRT files is OpenSubtitles.org
- Locate the SRT file you wish to use.
- Rename the SRT file to match the name of the video you wish to use it with. (E.G. Inception.2010.mkv and Inception.2010.srt)
- Place the SRT file in the same location as the video file.
Embedded subtitles: If your files already contain subtitles there are no special steps required.
Enabling Subtitles & Adjusting Options
Step 1: While a video is playing, hold the center (select) button to open the Playback menu and click the Subtitles tab.
Step 2: Select the subtitle language/file you wish to use. For some languages you may also need to adjust the encoding type so special characters are displayed correctly. Through this menu you can also adjust options such as subtitle appearance, position, and offset.
Note: You can also choose whether subtitles are enabled/disabled by default by using the 'Show Subtitles' option found in the Infuse --> Settings menu.
As of version 1.6, subtitles can be downloaded from OpenSubtitles.org right on the Apple TV.
Step 1: Locate and play the desired video file.
Step 2: While the video is playing, press and hold the center (select) button.
Step 3: Navigate to the Subtitles tab and select the 'Get More...' option.
Step 4: You will be presented with a list of available subtitles files.
Step 5: Ensure the correct language is displayed at the top, and select the subtitle file you wish to use.
Selecting Audio Tracks
By default, Infuse will try and pick the best audio track based on your AppleTV's audio and language settings. However, the audio track can also be chosen manually by following the steps below.
- Open the Playback Menu by holding the center (select) button while a movie is playing.
- Select the Audio Tracks tab.
- Select the audio track you wish to use (details on the selected track will be shown to the left).
- Once the track has been selected press menu to return to the video.