Enable file sharing
Create a new share (iOS)
Once file sharing has been enabled, it's time to move to open Infuse on the iPhone or iPad to create a connection.
Step 1. Tap the Settings (gear) icon in the lower right corner, and select Add Files.
Step 2. Once in the Add Files menu, any detected devices will be listed near the bottom in the Available Shares section.
Step 3. Select the device you wish to connect to, and enter the username and password. You can also set a custom Share Name, which is only used for identifying the share in Infuse. Note: Leaving both username and password fields left blank will cause Infuse to connect as a guest, which may limit which files are available for streaming.
Step 4. (optional): If no devices are detected, you can set up a connection manually by tapping the Other... item.
- Share Name: A name used to identify the share in Infuse.
- Address: Network address of the share. E.G. iMac.local or an IP address
- Workgroup: Used when connecting to Windows PCs. The default workgroup name is: WORKGROUP
- Username: Username used to log in to the share. (Note: If connecting to a Time Capsule or Airport Extreme set this to 'admin')
- Password: Password used to log in to the share
Create a customized share (iOS)
By default, Infuse will connect to the main share with all folders visible, but this can be customized so only a certain folder is available. This is done by setting up a share with a custom path.
To do this, you can follow the steps under #4 above that describe how a manual connection is created. The only difference being you can add a path after the share in the Address field, as shown below.
Note: Some devices prefer one slash type over the other, so if "/" doesn't work you may try using "\".
Create a new share (Apple TV)
Step 1. Tap the Add button that appears after launching Infuse, and select the Shares menu.
Step 2. In the shares menu, Infuse will list all the devices it is able to detect on your local network. Select the one you wish to stream from.
Note: If no devices are listed, you can tap the 'Other...' option to create a share manually.
Step 3. Enter the username and password for the device, if required.
Note: Leaving both username and password fields left blank will cause Infuse to connect as a guest, which may limit which files are available for streaming.
Step 4. After saving the device, Infuse will test the connect and prompt you to add one or more favorites. Favorites are quick links to folders that are displayed on the Infuse home screen.
Step 5. To add a favorite, simply locate the folder you wish to add, highlight it, and tap/hold the select button to save it.
Device specific notes
Airport Extreme & Time Capsule
- Username is admin
- Password will be the Disk Sharing password, which may be different than the Wi-Fi network password
- Ensure SMB is enabled on your Mac. More details here.
- At least one user is selected under 'Windows File Sharing' (as shown under 'Advanced Options' in the link above).
- Selected username and password are being entered in Infuse.
Note: iCloud username/password cannot be used. If you're using an iCloud ID to log in to your Mac, you will need to set up a new 'Sharing Only' user as described here.
- Sharing permissions must be set for the "Everyone" profile manually in order for Infuse to be able to access shared folders. More details here.
- Samba enabled
- AVAHI (Bonjour) enabled
- Leave Workgroup field empty